
The article "Thinking About Teaching Blogging to your Kids", made me feel a little better about the difficulties I am having trying to blog. I guess it does take time, patience and perservance in order to "master" blogging. I can see how it would be beneficial to students if it is done on a step by step basis. It gave me an idea of trying to get the special education teachers in my building to try blogging as a group and seeing if it is a tool we can use with our special education student so they can interact with each other or other special education students in other schools.
video: http://web20intheclassroom.blogspot.com/2008/04/thinking-about-teaching-blogging-to.html
video: http://web20intheclassroom.blogspot.com/2008/04/thinking-about-teaching-blogging-to.html
I know that learning something "foreign", like blogging, can be very challenging no matter what your 'label' may be. The special needs children enjoy technology as much as the talented and gifted. Of course, I am not suggesting that technology is the solution to education problems, but technology can help many students on multi-levels.
ReplyDeleteThe assistance we are given in class should be mimicked with our own students. Going step by step, written and verbal directions, students helping students, hands on experiences...these are all great ways to help our students enter the cyber world.
It is not easy to learn something that is new to us especially if we are not comfortable with it. I am tempted to try with my students but not really convinced unless I have an assistant to help me monitor the kids. It will really be a wonderful experience to them because they can show their parents simple sentences that they can form. However,some of my co-teachers tried and they love it. Their students are having fun especially exchanging ideas about a particular topic. We will try this across levels.
ReplyDelete